5.28.2003

We're underwater here in SoFla. 11 inches of rain in one day, with more on the way. They even closed the airport! I, and most of the people I know, barely made it home through the floods last night--what are we going to do today I wonder? Canoe home?

At least my car is okay. I've been nervous of driving in flood conditions ever since last year, when I tried to drive through what I thought was a shallow puddle and turned out to be a knee-deep lake. Macha was in the shop for 2 weeks getting her engine rebuilt, and I'm sure if I get another claim like that on my insurance they'll drop me like a hot coal. And rates here are astronomical as it is, even for people with clean records and no claims!

In other news...Toronto health officials now humbly admit that they "closed the book" too soon on the SARS outbreak out of hubris. Oh really. What a surprise. I'm sure the quarantined students in Markham feel so much better now.

Ordered your librarian pinup calendar yet? I think I just might do that, if for no other reason than to see how many of the models I recognize. I've always felt that Alberta Librarians are the best, anyway...or at least the most fun! Read more in the Calgary Herald.

I finally got my Hossam Ramzy CD, Rhythms of the Nile, from amazon yesterday. This is a 2 disc set that teaches Egyptian percussion rhythms. Now I can annoy my neighbors with drumbeats and zills till all hours, woo hoo! Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment