5.14.2003

I can't believe it's only Wednesday! I don't think this week could get any slower! I don't know if I'll make it to the weekend! Help!

A friend recommended this site to me this week: FetchBook.Info. Type in a title, or browse the subject categories, and it will give you recommendations on the cheapest place to buy the book online. Kind of cool, eh?

I heard a great track from Dar Williams' latest album on WLRN's Folk and Acoustic Music program last weekend. You should be able to listen to some of her music on the site, which uses a flash player. In case you're wondering, the song that got to me was "The One Who Knows" from The Beauty of the Rain.

I can't believe that I forgot to link to htmlgoodies on this site! I'm updating the sidebar today...if you want to teach yourself html, javascript, or just about anything else, I can't recommend this site and it's tutorials highly enough. Clear, well-organized instruction at all levels from beginner to expert, and best of all, it's One Hundred Per Cent Free. Who could ask for anything more?

I've been reading about the Jayson Blair controversy today ... see the exhaustive NY Times article Here. For an interesting, if pointed, critique from another perspective, try reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment