4.03.2004

Well, I decided I needed to actually choreograph the dance I'm doing for the University Centre recital this weekend at about 5:30 pm yesterday. Now I just hope I will remember the thing. I brought my choreo. notes to review today, but between having to compile the building statistics and being on the desk 4 hours I may not have much time to read them over. Wish me luck...

Fortunately, the performances tonight and tomorrow afternoon should mark at least a temporary end to the crazy extracurricular schedule. I've only got two restaurant performances this month, and after February and March I decided to scale back on things a bit to try to get more balance. But then don't I always say that?

I was in the studio last week cleaning up a few vocal tracks here and there ... an interesting insight into the process: there's one high passage in our third song that gets up close to the top of my range, and has a lot of difficult intervals, so we decided to redo it. Seventy-nine takes and two hundred and thirty-seven high b's later, we may have finally got one I can live with. Whew!

And hey, I finally figured out that my book and movie review pages weren't archiving. So all of you people who are not reading my reviews can ignore the backfiles, too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment