5.02.2004

You know, I couldn't tell you why, but the fact that the Olsen twins are worth over $150 million dollars each and just got their own star on the walk of fame is unaccountably depressing to me ...

Or maybe I'm just depressed by the fact that I know that, regardless of whether I'm interested or not. My friend Randy had an article on his blog this week that talks about this phenomenon, among other things.

A really really fun weekend at work here, as our systems have all been infected with the Sasser worm. And of course, since our 40 lab terminals need a password after rebooting, we have been up and down all weekend. The information I've seen about it so far indicates that the thing is fairly benign, but I don't know why someone would go to the trouble of creating a worm that would do nothing but periodically reboot your computer, so I am half expecting the "true nature" of this thing to be revealed at a later date.

Other highlights of the week: I danced at the Sawadee on Friday and actually finally felt like I did a decent job. The place was packed, and actually a lot of people said that they came that night specifically because there was dancing, so I guess the idea is paying off for the owners. My biggest fan, little five-year-old Richard was back, giggling all the way through my performance as usual. He is so cute ...

Work has been relatively stressless this week--my boss is back, and the Micromanager was out of the building for the week doing interviews for our open positions. ahhhhh....

And, best of all, after an interminable Sunday at work, it is finally nearing closing time. So I get to go have dinner cooked for me at Michael's, and, if I am lucky, I may even convince him to go hang out at Starbucks afterwards. The rest of the day is definitely looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment