5.10.2004

A nice break from the usual Florida Swamp Pit Conditions this weekend...milder temperatures, drier conditions and a nice cool breeze made it feel almost like a nice Edmonton midsummer day. We actually got to spend time outside without feeling like we were going to die of heat exhaustion, which was refreshing on a mental as well as a physical level. I really hate being cooped up at work or at home all the time...makes me grumpy :(

Of course, the weekend went way too fast, so it's up and back to work today, with the depressing prospect of having to work all this weekend looming ahead. Things have calmed down a bit at work lately, but I still feel overhyped somehow, and my regular days off never seem to be enough to refresh or recharge. As a consequence I seem to be getting nothing done, whether on work or personal goals, and spend all my off time crashing on the couch with today's choice of trashy fiction. Which is okay for a while, but not really fulfilling in the long run. And the guilt about not working on my personal goals, not getting my housework done, not doing anything productive on any level just worsens the stressed-out feeling. Ack! I need something to break this cycle and fast! Before I manage to convince myself that I'm a totally lazy, good-for-nothing loser.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment