5.26.2004

t minus 2 days and counting...sucked into the vortex without escape.

Two more days until we escape to the Everglades. Two more days, and I'm starting to wonder if I will make it! I am so tired and bored and directionless and unmotivated that it's becoming unreal. I read somewhere recently that boredom is really just anxiety in another form. Considering that the physical manifestations seem to be about the same, or produce the same result, anway, I'm ready to believe it. Hopefully four days of walking, canoeing, swimming, and relaxing by the bay in a *gasp* actual natural setting will readjust my brain.

Of course, I hardly need to visit the Everglades really because we are gearing up for the Annual Summer Bug Invasion and so I'm getting lots of visitors right here. Ants at my desk at work. Ants impervious to the usual ant bait/traps in my kitchen. Ants in my bathroom. Not to mention the increase in the local toad and lizard population. Oh well, it could be worse--a friend of mine has his car infested with cockroaches! Thankfully my apartment has been pretty much roach-free since the hole in my security closet was patched, though I have had to kill my share of 1 1/2 inch monsters in my time. Blech.

Comments have been slow lately. Maybe I haven't been saying anything interesting enough?? Please, make me feel loved! Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment