11.01.2003

whew...feeling a wee bit slow on the uptake today. Michael and I hosted a Halloween party with friends last night; we got in late and then he had to get up early to go to the airport. Of course, I woke up when his alarm went off and had trouble getting back to sleep...and I had to be at work myself at 9am! Ack! Well, the party went well anyway. We ended up putting a lot of work into it, making food, creating costume contest prizes, assembling treat bags, and covering the house in decorations. Now I just have to live through working all weekend...

Hal Niedzvieki may stir some controversy with his article of a few days ago, but I think he has a point here.

One of the big stories here lately is the saga of Terry Schiavo. She has been in a vegetative coma for years, and her husband has been fighting her family in court for the right to take her off life support. He won his latest court challenge, only to have good old Jeb Bush step in and, courtesy of the Florida legislature, order her feeding tubes reinserted. So, I decided that the best way to celebrate Samhain this year is to write a living will . Just for the informal record: anyone who dares keep me in such a condition is acting against my wishes, and yes, I will come back to haunt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment