11.26.2003

Well, thank goodness for that.

3 more hours and Michael and I will be on the road to Naples. Can't wait to get away and not have to think about work for a while. Just going to read by the pool, walk on the beach, and shop for Christmas gifts in the historic district. We had a few invitations for Thanksgiving dinner, but I can't really get into it this late in the year. Thanksgiving for me should be a three-day holiday in October, not a four-day one in November. Oh well...I'm certainly not going to complain about the extra weekend off! Though if one more person asks me if we have Thanksgiving in Canada...sigh...the "what do Canadians have to be thankful for?" question ranks right up there with "does Canada celebrate the Fourth of July?"

And yes, I've been asked both, at various times, by people ostensibly smart enough to know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment