11.24.2003

Ugh. A barely tolerable day today, after not being able to sleep all last night. My allergy symptoms decided to flare up in a massive way last night, with the end result being that I couldn't breathe through my nose at all for most of the night. Gave up around 2:30 am and took some Claritin, which then proceeded to keep me awake for the rest of the morning without making a measurable difference in how I felt. I seem to remember having similar problems around this time last year...though sinus congestion is now a year-round thing for me, and the only allergy my dr's tests can find is household dust. Right.

On the bright side, our new security guard started today. Or, rather, the guard who is filling in for the guard we hired, who happens to be on vacation right now, started today. All of us are now gleefully rubbing our hands together picturing the snot-nosed teenage regulars that make our lives miserable getting the boot from someone in uniform. And, I had a pretty relaxing weekend. Myriam's monthly bellydance party was this past Sunday, and since I got my mehndi supplies from Castle Art & Import earlier in the week, Michael and I got to play around with that as well. I did a design on my palm that stained really well, especially considering that the paste was only on for about 3 hours! The ones on Michael's arm and my back are not as dark, but that's to be expected given the different skin texture, I suppose. Didn't do the best work with my palm design, but it's not too bad considering this is the first time I've done any mehndi in 2-3 years! Maybe someday I'll be this good....

No comments:

Post a Comment