11.07.2003

Irrational Patron Incident today. A woman was in the lab, with a noisy baby. Somehow one of our staff member's request to keep the child quieter or take him out of the lab was interpreted as her and her child being kicked out of the library. So after her very long-winded complaint I now know all about her lovely, just-divorced, used-to-work-in-library-tech-services, non-functional-home-DSL life. Oh, did I mention how much of today was spent discussing the incident and writing up reports, seeing as how she threatened to write one of our senior administrators?

And just don't get me started on the daily after-school antics of our 500 Charter High School freshmen...hello, my name is Darcy, and yes, I got a Masters degree so I could yell at other people's teenagers all day. Oh, and do the cleaning crew's work, because the new contract says they "can't do" a bunch of things...like clean the lab computers. Tell me again why I prefer academic work?

No comments:

Post a Comment