6.09.2003

Feels like I haven't updated this blog for a while...three day weekends will do that to you I suppose! Plus there hasn't been a heck of a lot of interest going on here. So what can you do.

A little late, as I was off on Friday, but here's my answers to the Friday Five:

  1. Truly? Only once.
  2. He's himself, most of all, and he's still here despite the numerous obstacles life threw in our way.
  3. The ability to change and grow along with you. The ability to love you for who you are instead of who they want you to be. The ability to face the fear and do it anyway.
  4. Unfortunately, I probably have.
  5. That it's a never-ending process of learning and discovery. Like the rest of life, I guess.

A report on NPR's This American Life led me to the web site for Found Magazine, a publication based on found photos, notes, etc. that run the gamut from sad to hilarious.

Other news down here: I registered for a Middle Eastern Dance master class by Anahid Sofian next month. It's going to cover Chifitelli/2/4 rhythms and Classical Veilwork. I'm glad that one of these events is finally going to be happening at a time when I can actually attend, and I'm really looking forward to it. I also went dance shopping this weekend and bought some new, better-sounding zills, and found that another studio near my house has classes on Thursday mornings, so I may try those once my time with Mariem is up next week.

Finally, I have an audition with the Pembroke Pines Theatre of the Performing Arts tomorrow for their fall production of Sweeney Todd. Finally chose a song to sing for it, but I haven't had much time to practice, so I'm pretty nervous. Who am I kidding here--I hate auditions and I would feel nervous regardless of how prepared I was! Well, we'll see how it goes...stay tuned and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment