6.23.2004

Fortune and Fame and smooth starting...

Hey, I actually got cited!! Too bad the U of A link to my capping paper is now dead. I should probably find a new home for it, but I have a terrible admission to make: I don't think I kept a local copy of the files. Which would mean pulling out my comp copies of The Progressive Librarian and retyping it all, then marking it up in html. Which is a project that I do not think will get finished anytime very soon. Oh well...I'll keep you posted.

Adventures in Car Repair this week. Poor Macha was long overdue for servicing, and her starter was sounding strange, so I took her into Michael's garage to be tuned up, inspected and repaired. Well, when I got her back, the starter, which had been replaced, sounded about a hundred times worse! It was so bad I wasn't even confident about the car being able to start reliably. I really don't like spending $200 on repairs just to find that I'm worse off afterwards, so I took her back. Well, if they'd done it right the first time and rebuilt my old starter rather than replacing it with an inferior one everything would have been fine...which it is, now that I have the old (fixed) part back. Somehow I think I'm going to be back on the trail looking for another new mechanic...sigh.

Michael and I are leaving Friday morning for ALA in Orlando. We have a pretty busy schedule there, and we'll be meeting up with Cynthia Wilson to let her photograph us for her I am a librarian project. I also plan to hit the job fair at least once...cross your fingers for me and maybe I'll find a good employer in the Pacific Northwest that's hiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment