7.30.2003

Well, I did try to post here before I left on vacation last week, really I did. But Blogger was down, and I was headed for a blissfully technology-free week, so what can you do? Sorry to all my legions of fans for leaving you darcysworld deprived for so long :)

Michael and I just got back from a trip to Spokane, Washington. Overall, it was a relaxing trip. We visited Lake Couer d'Alene a couple of times, went kayaking once, drove out to the Bowl and Pitcher in Riverside State Park, and managed to just take things a little slower. Of course, spending time away from Florida is a little difficult for both of us, as each time we leave it gets harder to come back. I'm really hoping something will come through job-wise up north soon, before we both go insane.

Speaking of which ... my ego took a bit of a blow today when I saw that one of the jobs I'd applied for in Ontario has be re-opened. I'm not quite sure what the etiquette is on re-applying for a job you've been rejected for once, but I figure they can only say no again, so I'm going to craft another cover letter and try again. I'm also going to break my Canada-only rule and send in an application to Oregon State, where there are multiple positions open.

Here's a rather thought-provoking Harry Potter story from the Boston Phoenix, picked up from the L.A.C.K. newsblog.

Before I went on my trip last week, I had the pleasure of attending a masterclass held by Anahid Sofian. We spent the morning on Turkish-style movesto the Chefitelli rhythm, and the afternoon dancing with veils. The day went by really quickly, and it was a lot of fun, even if a few of my muscles did protest a bit afterwards! Anahid herself was a little unexpected--this tiny little lady that looks like someone's grandmother yet could shimmy, undulate, and spin the rest of us into the ground! She's definitely an expert. The Turkish style she was teaching us is quite different from the things I usually do in class--much more uptempo and "bouncy," for lack of a better word.

That's all you get for now. I'm still jet-lagged and needing to unpack and buy groceries!

No comments:

Post a Comment