6.14.2003

Here's some more Friday five

  1. Learn survival skills and go hole up in a remote area and live off the land for a year or two.
  2. I try to be honest but tactful. I won't say I like it if I don't, but I won't be mean if I can help it either.
  3. Yes. What happened? We're no longer friends.
  4. I would probably live in Charles de Lint's Newford. Or Guy Gavriel Kay's Fionavar. Because I want the magic, eh.
  5. Natural self-discipline and the ability to be un-selfconcious.

No word yet on the Sweeney Todd results. I believe they're making decisions tomorrow...

The SARS situation in Toronto is still iffy. Here's the latest from The Globe and Mail. So far they've managed to avoid another travel advisory, and things may be improving, so I hope there will not be any impediments to my trip to CLA/ALA next week. Though I'm more worried about things like the possibility of the conference being cancelled than catching the thing.

I went to a full moon drumming and dancing circle on Pompano Beach last night. A friend from my dance class helped organize it; they used to go to one in Ft Lauderdale but wanted to create a gathering with a more Middle Eastern/bellydancing theme. It was pretty fun, though I was somehow not prepared for all the tourists/bystanders/gawkers, which made me a little uncomfortable. I'm not that great a dancer yet, especially when improvising, and so I don't like lots of strangers watching me when I'm dancing. Some of them were even taking photos ... without permission I might add. At least as far as I know. I guess after blowing my audition, and then going to dance class the next day and feeling like I blew the make-an-entrance-in-front-of-everyone-while-dancing-and-playing-your-zills exercise, I'm a little more self-conscious at the moment.

There haven't been many links here lately, I know....for now, why not take a look at the photos from the Bellydancer of the Year competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment