10.13.2003

Okay, so who couldn't see that this was a PR disaster waiting to happen??

Found a link to Spider Johnson's Globe & Mail about the decline of SF on my friend Randy's blog, the pod bay door. Thanks Randy!

Back at work after a hectic but enjoyable weekend. The dinner-and-performance on Friday night was really fun--a mixed bag of talent and style-wise but lots of good dancing and good food. The Indian buffet could have used more spice in my opinion, but was still very enjoyable. I even tried the goat curry and the bean dishes, believe it or not, and they were all very tasty! My friend Diana danced a fusion Indian-bellydance duet, to live sitar music, which was in my opinion one of the two best numbers in the show.

Ended up cooking all day Saturday for my dinner party, of course, but we had a good time and had enough leftovers for a day or two afterwards so it was worth it. I made curried squash and mushroom soup, salad with balsamic vinagrette, and galettes with a leek and goat cheese filling and asparagus on the side. I wasn't sure the main course was going to turn out, actually, because the crust for the pastries had enough butter in it it was almost like a shortbread, and I was afraid there was something wrong with the recipe. But luckily, I was worrying unnecessarily.

Sunday was Myriam's performance party. Wish she would just call them Haflas, but then I guess a lot of people wouldn't know what they were...there was a guest musician in from Boston, who plays drum and clarinet. My classmates did a good job with their solos, and I got to get up during the free dances, which was fun. Interesting moment: there was a male dancer there with Myriam and Joe, who got up during the last free dance, and we ended up doing a sort of impromptu duet for most of the set. He's a really good dancer; I was just mirroring him for the most part, but it was really fun to dance with someone like that. Myriam told me afterwards that she had told him that she would dance a duet with him at some point during the party so I ended up being her "substitute", which in itself is somewhat of an ego boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment