9.07.2003

Whew ... hectic week. Still working away on preparing for my interview--seems no matter how early you start, there's always that rush to finish at the end. I'm freaking myself out worrying that I'm going to finish and then find out it's too short, or that I'm going to end up not saying what they wanted to hear, etc. etc. etc. See how fun it is to be a worrier?

On top of that, weird things floating around at work. Entire departments getting called on the carpet for one person's mistake. The rumor mill working overtime. I ask a clarification question on policy only to find myself branded as part of a conspiracy to undermine authority. Anonymous notes left on my desk for no apparent reason about how the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions rather than our circumstances. Whatever. Don't feel like I've been so negative that I need anonymous little messages to "cheer up"; didn't think that clarifying policy was a challenge to authority. Not that I'm not of the opinion that respectfully questioning or disagreeing with authority is always a bad thing, either. Just might have to wear that one as a badge of honor rather than a reprimand ... :)

I got the silk veils I ordered within a week--they are gorgeous, and I'm having a lot of fun playing with them. If I ever manage to get dancing pictures taken, I'll do some with them and then put links up. I was finally in town to go to Myriam's monthly Bellydance Performance Party--it was packed this time, mostly because a local flamenco teacher and some of her students came to perform. I went with Michael, another woman from my class, and her family, and we had a lot of fun. Still thinking of signing up to solo in September, but to be honest I'm still not sure I can get my courage up. I'm so not good at improvising ... we'll see.

Last big of news is that Michael and I had our annual Sugar Party at his place last night. We were afraid that not very many people would show up, but we ended up with a full house! I finally got to see a lot of people that I'd lost touch with recently, the rain held off for once, and I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all. We have so much candy left over we won't have to worry about Hallowe'en, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment