9.20.2003

Still no word...

You know, this is one of the few times in my life that all signs unequivocably pointed towards a specific outcome. The yearly Tarot reading I always do on my birthday indicated a new beginning in the physical realm (jobs, money, etc.) this month. Even my fortune cookies have been consistent, saying I was going to move, that I would be successful in a new project, and even, yesterday, that a phone call would lift a burden. Yet, despite all this good news, I still don't be seeming to get the job. One would think something like this would cure superstition...but probably not.

In other news, I took my car in for servicing yesterday and ended up spending over six hundred dollars to get the brakes and the drive belts fixed along with my regular maintenance. They also cleaned the leaves out of my a/c fan, and now, of course, the fan is making squeaking/chirruping noises sometimes when the car idles, so I'm going to have to take it back again. I love my car, I really do, but having to dump this much money into routine maintenance really hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment