11.05.2004

Retrench!

Well, Michael and I are headed off to Key West tomorrow for a four-day minibreak . I can hardly wait! Between the post-election depression and the latest round of stupid management decisions at work, I am going to be more than glad to eat pain au chocolat and cappuccino for breakfast, bike around town, shop for Christmas presents, and read and do henna at the beach.

I'm also excited to report that I am registered to go to the Suzanna del Vecchio workshop and performance in Miami on November 20th! Suzanna is a famous bellydancer, teacher, and yogini from Denver, CO. She's being brought in by a local dancer named Joharah. I am attending the afternoon class on my own, but Michael and a couple of friends will be coming with me to the show. I don't get to see professional performances often, so this will be a real treat!

I can't link to it now, because he's starting to reorganize his website post-election, but some interesting experiences were reported by voters on Michael Moore's website this past week. Many Floridians who wrote in said that when they went to the polls, the voting machines tried to change their presidential votes from Kerry to Bush! They would select Kerry, but on the final confirmation screen before their vote was submitted it would show up as a Bush vote. Most if not all of these people said that they found they had to correct their votes three or four times before it would register correctly! The response from the pollworkers? "Oh, yeah, the touchscreens are sensitive." Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it, about how many Jeb state voters didn't notice the switch in time, and had their vote changed? eta: found this interesting tidbit on Randy's pod bay door. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment