8.10.2004

Some small consolation

Well, my suspicion was correct. DHL responded to my complaint letter with....coupons! Somehow they just didn't get the "never using your services again" part, I guess. Oh well--at least they promised to investigate and take corrective action. Though promising and doing are two separate things. If you're interested, here's the complete text of their letter.

Feeling pretty tired and burnt lately, as I've been involved with a new software installation at work that has required way too many 7am start times. Not the morning person, just not. But I think that EnvisionWare will make our lives much easier. Much much less computer policework, no standing over patrons well after close telling them to get off the computer now, and so forth. Let's hear it for patron self-management and automatic terminal shutdowns at the end of the day! woo hoo!

The other big news is that SIAST offered me the job in Moose Jaw. But, I turned it down. I think it was the right decision, but it was still a difficult thing to do. It was hard to know that while it would have got me out of Broward County and back to Canada it was still not the right job for me. And the lack of opportunities--professional and academic--for Michael would have made living there difficult. Oh well. I'll just hold on and hope that the UAE works out, or, if not, something else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment