8.30.2004

long time no blog

Once again, it seems like a long time since I've posted here. Pretty much same old, same old, I guess, and I would rather be absent than boring!

School is back in. Though the kids don't seem to be as bad this year. Maybe it's because with the new time-management software they need to use their library cards to use the computers, as opposed to last year's video-arcade free-for-all. Don't know if it'll last but I'm enjoying it while it does.

Having the usual fun with my TN renewal paperwork. Thanks to a completely, totally, one hundred per cent incompetent secretary, my renewal letter had to be rewritten three times, under intense supervision. Oh, and did I mention her bad attitude and the rudeness and the fact that she argued that she was right and we were wrong when we pointed out basic mistakes like the fact that she got the name of the USCIS wrong??????. Don't ask me why I don't just get over this crap and not let it bug me....every year I'm stressed out by this stuff and my paperwork is never ever done until the last minute.

This year it's compounded by the fact that I am needing to also get a new passport. They tell me before I send in my application that it will be sent to the Miami Consulate when it's done. Then when I call to see why it is late they tell me they are waiting for me to confirm where I want to pick it up! Then when I follow the agent's instructions to arrange to pick it up in Ottawa I get a phone call 3 days later saying that that is a problem because there is no counter for exchange there (they need to invalidate my old one so I don't have 2 valid ones at the same time). Sigh. To give Justin credit he has promised me that it will be ready in Ottawa on the third, and that if he runs into problems there he will bend the rules slightly and have me come to his office in Hull so he can handle it personally. And both of these offices are less than 10 minutes of driving from my aunt's place. But still...come on...you've had an entire month!!

On top of all this other testing-my-natural-impatience stuff, I've just found out that the engagement ring that we finally found and ordered won't be ready until after we get back. And I want it now, darn it!!!!

hmph.

The good news is that I'm soon out of here for a week of heaven in Canada with Michael, who has been in Spokane the past week with his family. And I. can. hardly. wait!

BTW, if you're looking for some light entertainment to pass the time, may I suggest Etiquette Hell. I'd better warn you in advance though, the site can be addictive....

No comments:

Post a Comment